|Job Title :||Operations Officer-Toronto|
|Max Rate :|
|Start Date :||16/09/2013|
Job DescriptionOur client is a leading bank in North America.
Responsible for confirming transaction details using various methods of confirmation including phone, fax, swift and email
• Timely and accurate confirmation of MM transactions, within the 24 hour confirmation policy
• Maintain sufficient audit trails on all confirmations
• Ensure the tracking system is updated daily and outstanding items are followed-up on an ongoing basis.
• Ensure all unconfirmed trades are escalated to Management and Front Office on time
• Work with areas such as Trading, Middle Office, Trade Validation and Treasury as it relates to confirming new deal structures, resolving discrepancies and ensuring Regulatory and Audit guidelines are being met and adhered to.
• Develop and maintain sound working relationships with counterparties and internal groups like Front Office, Treasury, Settlements, Investigations and Global Support.
• Actively participate in developing, testing and implementing new or enhanced processes and other process improvement initiatives
• Participate fully as a member of the Team.
• Provide assistance to other Confirmation Officers when necessary.
• Protect the interests of the Bank by adhering to operating standards and processes; obtain proper authorization for transactions as required.
• Act as a point of contact for customer queries
1-2 years experience in a Trade Processing related role, preferably experience with cash products (such as Loans, Deposits, Swaps and Forwards)
• Ability to adhere to strict deadlines and handle high volumes of work
• Excellent quantitative and analytical skills
• Excellent organizational and time management skills
• Ability to work independently, as well as part of a team
• Self-motivated and goal-oriented
• Ability to adapt to changing policies and procedures
• Attention to detail is crucial.
• Understanding of MM and FX Products (eg. Options, Foreign Exchange spots and forwards, Money Market deposits and loans)
• Sound knowledge of Microsoft Office, proficiency in Excel is a must, coupled with the ability to learn and apply skills to new software programs.
6-month contract, possibility of extension
Working Hours: M-F 8:30am-5pm
Pay rate: $17.00/hr
How to apply:
1) Directly apply online http://www.gc-employment.com/JobPost/JobDetails?JobOrderId=1136; or
2) Send your resume to email@example.com with the subject "Operations Officer-GC1136"
• Must be bondable.
• Your "Employment History" on resume should include the starting and ending MONTH and year for every position.
• Incorrect email subject may cause the delay of your application;