Our client, a leading Canadian banking institution, is looking for a Banking Operations Officer to join their team. We are looking for individuals confirming transaction details using various methods of confirmation including phone, fax, swift and email .
Contract term:12/03/2018 to 08/02/2019 (1 year), possible extension and conversion
Pay rate: $17.34/hr
Full time: 37.5 hours
Schedule: Mon-Fri, 8:30am to 5:30pm
- Intermediate excel
- Securities industry knowledge
- Communication skills
- Data entry
- ISM experience (preferred)
- Banking experience
Nice to have:
- Advanced excel
- Customer service /call centre experience
- Intermediate to Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, primarily EXCEL -
• Pivot tables and pivot reporting
• Formula Auditing & SUM or IF formula
- Working knowledge of the securities industry, including product knowledge of
- account types and their functionality an asset
- Proven Telephone etiquette – Call Centre experience an asset
- Commitment to client service excellence
- Ability to work under pressure and demonstrated problem solving skills in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to work with multiple internal departments and coordinating the completion of different transactions.
- Excellent quantitative and analytical skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to work independently, as well as part of a team.
- Self-motivated and goal-oriented.
- Ability to adapt to changing policies and procedures.
- Attention to detail is crucial.
Summary: The main function of the Operations Officer is confirming transaction details using various methods of confirmation including phone, fax, swift and email.
- Proficiency in spoken and written communication
- Proficiency in ISM, SMS, Electronic Imaging Services (EIS) an asset
- Post-Secondary education required (University degree an asset)
- Successful completion of the Investment Funds Institute of Canada (IFIC) and/or
- Canadian Securities Course (CSC) an asset
- Customer Service Skills - 3 Yrs.
- 1-2 years' experience in a Processing related role
HOW TO APPLY:
Please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line "Banking Operations Officer II - Toronto"