Our client is a leading bank in North America.
This position involves dealing with counter parties to facilitate the settlements for the FX Options and Equity Derivatives desks. The position is primarily responsible for ensuring all functions related to these settlements are done correctly.
Ability to perform effective investigation which results in timely resolution.
Providing back up for other team members and performing sundry duties as assigned.
• Process transactions accurately and on time
• Escalate processing issues where necessary to ensure a high level of service is maintained
• Identify opportunities to improve service delivery, support process initiatives
• Prioritize and manage own workload
• Follow firm and industry regulations and operating practices in completing and recording transactions for either the firm, or clients
• Escalate non-standard or high risk transactions or other activities as appropriate
• Ensure documentation prepared/completed is accurate and properly reflects client/business intentions and is consistent with relevant rules/regulations
• Complete investigations – report/escalate risk issues identified or process gaps
• Access systems, know and apply system capabilities, ensure upload/download of information is completed timely and accurately
• Assist in analysis, development, testing and implementation of operating and processing improvements
• Participate fully as a member of the team, promote team effectiveness and contribute to a positive work environment
• Keep others informed and up-to-date about the status/progress of projects and all relevant or useful information related to day-to-day activities
AVAILABILITY: Mon-Fri, 8:30am - 5:00pm
Location: Downtown Toronto
Pay Rate: $19.00/hr, 11-month contract
How to apply:
1) Directly apply online http://www.gc-employment.com/JobPost/JobDetails?JobOrderId=1221; or
2) Send your resume to email@example.com with the subject "Settlements Officer(Toronto)-GC1221"
• Must be bondable
• Your "Employment History" on resume should include the starting and ending MONTH and year for every position
• Incorrect email subject may cause the delay of your application