Our client, the world’s leading steel and mining company is seeking a Corporate Project Manager to join their Engineering team.
- Direct hire, permanent role
- Working location: Concord, ON
- There is frequent travel to Detroit and Woodstock and also allow partial work from home when they are not travelling
Responsible for project management among all company's Americas manufacturing facilities, including supporting new machinery install, launch and industrialization.
- Assist with project planning for new equipment builds and modifications
- Work with system integrators to ensure new equipment meets the company's standards for operation and safety, which would include: machine design, material flow, material handling, cycle time, quality inspection & safe operation
- Support and help facilitate the technology and equipment transfer from other global locations
- Support continuous improvement initiatives at the operating plants
- Participate in the specification and procurement of capital equipment, tooling & guarding for new and retrofit launches
- Help support troubleshooting and training resources to the operating plants
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & COMPETENCIES REQUIRED
- Minimum 5 years experience with launching automated equipment, engineering design & project management.
- Strong knowledge of manufacturing processes, procedures and automated machinery.
- Good troubleshooting skills with the proven ability to make accurate root cause analysis.
- Managing budget & timelines. AutoCAD, Excel.
- Bachelor degree in Engineering
Nice to have:
- Understanding of Hot Stamping Technology, Welding, blanking, ablation. Knowledge in Lean manufacturing & World Class Manufacturing, Proficient in GD&T, Previous working experience with High Powered Lasers.
- Experienced in the Automotive industry. (Working towards P.Eng & PMP would be ideal)
How to Apply:
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject of "Engineering Project Manager", thank you.