Our client is a leading Canadian bank.
Start date: 11/27/17
Duration: 6 months, possible extension based on business needs/performance
Traininng: OJT - side by sides with team
Shift: Mon-Fri, 8:30am-5pm
Main Duties/Must Haves:
- will be receiving, monitorying and notifying clients of mandatory/voluntary corp action events
- will be using templats as well as needing to draft communications to clients
- must have excellent written and verbal communication
- must have proven analytical/summarizing experience
- previous banking/FI experience in a similar role required (industry experience) - 2 years
- corp action and/or depository experience
- must be comfortable with Excel, and a quick learner for other softwares
- Industry/Financial experience preferred, Corporate action and depository experience as well.
- We're looking for someone with good writing skills and able to analyze documents and able to compile the information into a letter for clients
Summary: The Corporate Actions Dept. is responsible for the notification, tendering and processing of corporate action events to client accounts. Notifications group is responsible for communicating mandatory and voluntary corporate action events to our clients. The candidate would be responsible for generation of the notification and informing client(s) of the corporate actions.
The following lists the major accountabilities of the Notification Officer.
• Monitor and review all corporate action notifications and circulars on a daily basis from vendors
• Create and update on-line logbooks. Ensure the tracking system is updated daily and outstanding items are followed-up on an ongoing basis
• Create checklist and corporate action files
• Perform thorough & critical analysis of circulars/notification within SLA's and short deadlines
• Communicate effectively with transfer agents and/or companies to obtain confirmed information and other corporate action offering material as required
• Analyze information received and summarize into condensed form for clients notification
• Arrange for French translation of notifications
• Coordinate and send notification generated to various line of business by mail, email, burst tool and web broker
• Ensure Reconciliation system items consistently carry current statuses.
• Escalate on a timely basis any complex issues or discrepancies between notification sources
to senior/lead officer.
• Complete sundry duties and/or assigned daily tasks within agreed upon targets.
• Respond to inquiries regarding effective notifications
• Demonstrates sound work ethic, positive attitude and willingness to learn change and succeed.
• Complete required internal courses and cross-training requirements.
� Ability to adhere to strict deadlines and handle high volumes of work
� Excellent quantitative and analytical skills
� Excellent organizational and time management skills
� Ability to work independently, as well as part of a team
� Self-motivated and goal-oriented
� Ability to adapt to changing policies and procedures
� Attention to detail is crucial.
� Sound knowledge of Microsoft Office, proficiency in Excel is a must, coupled with the ability to learn and apply skills to new software programs.
How to Apply:
Please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line "Operations Officer II - Toronto"