Our client is a leading Canadian Bank.
Location: Vancouver, BC
01/15/2018 to 05/31/2018
Hours: 8:30-5:00 (Note: Overtime may be required) Flexibility to work up to 60 hours during Tax Season. 1 weekend shift may be required but not a late shift just during the day.
Working in a team of 26 relationship managers, CA and Tax Clerks and Analyst.
The department provides the highest level of tailored advice and integrated wealth management solutions. Our goal is to help our clients and their families develop integrated, comprehensive and customized financial solutions. At all times, our exceptional team of banking, estate planning, trust and investment professionals work together with our wealth partners to help our clients create wealth, preserve and protect it, and pass it on to the generations that follow.
Tax Services provides tax return preparation and planning for estates and trusts; high net worth individuals and their families. Tax Services also provides bookkeeping and corporate tax services for clients with investment holding companies.
Reporting to the Regional Tax Manager, with operational oversight by the Tax Administrator, the Tax Clerk is primarily responsible for providing tax administrative assistance to the Tax Services office throughout the year and during the very fast paced Trust and Personal Tax Filing Season months of February to April.
Key accountabilities include:
• Sole responsibility for the mail and filing room.
• E-filing of tax returns and forms to the Canada Revenue Agency ("CRA").
• Handling of cheques and deposits into designated accounts.
• Reviewing tax notices of assessment for changes and filing in the client folder.
• Responding to CRA pre and post assessment reviews in a timely manner.
• Setting up personal tax return files for assigned HNW clients accurately.
• Performing other duties and special projects as assigned.
• Contact client or internal partner for missing information required for return preparation.
Specific Educational Requirements/Accreditations:
• Students in accounting, taxation, commerce/business administration or any of the professional accounting programs (CA/CMA/CGA/CPA) are preferred.
• Proficient with CCH TaxPrep software, CRA's EFILE Online and Represent a Client system.
• Experience in a professional tax services environment.
• Strong computer skills, experience with MS Office and Adobe Professional.
• Effective time management, organizational, and communication skills.
• Fluency in French, an asset.
How to Apply:
Please send resume to email@example.com with the subject line "Tax Clerk"