Our client is a leading Canadian bank.
One year contract 11/27/2017- 11/26/2018
Pay rate: 17/hr
Summary: The main function of the Operations Officer is confirming transaction details using various methods of confirmation including phone, fax, swift and email .
- Timely and accurate confirmation of transactions, within the 24 hour confirmation policy
- Maintain sufficient audit trails on all confirmations
- Ensure the tracking system is updated daily and outstanding items are followed-up on an ongoing basis.
- Ensure all unconfirmed trades are escalated to Management and Front Office on time
- Work with areas such as Trading, Middle Office, Trade Validation and Treasury as it relates to confirming new deal structures, resolving discrepancies and ensuring Regulatory and Audit guidelines are being met and adhered to.
- Develop and maintain sound working relationships with counterparties and internal groups like Front Office, Treasury, Settlements, Investigations and Global Support.
- Actively participate in developing, testing and implementing new or enhanced processes and other process improvement initiatives
- Participate fully as a member of the Team.
- Provide assistance to other Confirmation Officers when necessary.
- Protect the interests of the Bank by adhering to operating standards and processes; obtain proper authorization for transactions as required.
- Act as a point of contact for customer queries
- Ability to adhere to strict deadlines and handle high volumes of work
- Excellent quantitative and analytical skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work independently, as well as part of a team
- Self-motivated and goal-oriented
- Ability to adapt to changing policies and procedures
- Attention to detail is crucial.
- Understanding of Mutual funds products and systems
- Sound knowledge of Microsoft Office, proficiency in Excel is a must, coupled with the ability to learn and apply skills to new software programs.
- 1-2 years experience in a Trade Processing related role, preferably experience with Mutual Funds.
- Previous experience in a bank back office is highly preferred.
- Completion of CSC/IFIC would be an asset.