Our client is a leading Canadian bank.
Pay Rate: $25.40/hr
Location: Downtown Toronto
12/04/2017 to 06/01/2018
• Perform a control function by reviewing, preparing and tracking all derivatives documentation accurately and on a timely basis, and in compliance with the bank’s confirmation policy and procedures.
• Investigate and resolve all documentation issues thoroughly and promptly, escalating as appropriate.
• Ensure all the necessary approvals are obtained prior to issuing/updating ISDA documentation.
• Maintain a report detailing all outstanding issues and provide written communication outlining the delays.
• Prepare and send out daily high risk escalation reports and mid-month/month end escalation reports of outstanding confirmations to Front Office traders and Senior Management, ensuring reporting deadlines are met.
• Possess sound knowledge of exchange-OTC and OTC derivative products, Confirmation and ISDA protocols to ensure minimal risk from use of complex derivative products.
• Keep abreast with new developments in the derivatives industry particularly as they relate to new derivative products, documentation conventions and industry best practices. Be completely familiar with the regulatory requirements as they relate to confirmations. Implement procedures to ensure compliance with the rules of various regulatory bodies.
• Develop and maintain sound working relationships with counterparties and internal groups; Derivatives Trading and Marketing, Capital Markets Risk Management, Treasury Credit, Legal, Credit Management, Trade Support Group, Settlements and IT Support groups.
• Actively participate in developing, testing and implementing new or enhanced processes and other process improvement initiatives.
• Participate fully as a member of the Team, providing assistance to other Confirmation Officers when necessary.
-fast pace environment
-outstanding Microsoft skills (word & excel)
-knowledge of derivatives (interest rate and credit)
-good communication skills
-capital market backgrounds
NICE TO HAVE
How to Apply:
Please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line "Lead Operations Officer"